Duty Manager - Battersea
We focus on career development and promotion. Our people are at the core of everything we do. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, you are in the right place!
- Career progression and learning opportunities
- Contracted hours with the opportunity to increase your earnings by personal training
- A stunning work environment
- Holiday, pension and your birthday off!
- A great social calendar, we love to get together as a team and have fun boosting our friendly and supportive environment
Educated Body is a health and fitness company that operates in a niche sector, luxury residential and corporate developments. We work on some of the highest profile property projects in the UK, our job is to run luxury health clubs and spas. This means delivering the highest levels of customer service inside these beautiful leisure facilities that host; A Gym with unrivalled top of the range equipment, a stunning Swimming Pool with a Sauna/ Spa, an extensive Group Exercise programme, Personal Training, Beauty Therapy rooms, areas for relaxation and wider wellbeing services. We do not just manage sites; we consult on their development and design, and we supply specialist equipment too. We are a flexible, agile, and fast-growing company where our good people will get promoted. We are opening lots of new sites and we need managers. We will train you and support you to grow with us. You will get the chance to learn on the job and work with our senior management team too.
The job of Duty Manager is to support the Club Manager in delivering a 5* experience for the residents, guests and external contractors at the development. The role entails a blend of operational, fitness and customer service duties.
- Operational: Opening or closing the facility overseeing the day to day running of the facility including, health and safety checks, pool testing, ensuring exceptional brand standards are being met
- Fitness: Taking customers through fitness assessments, prescribe exercise programmes, instruct group exercise classes and pick up interest for personal training to instruct when off shift
- Customer service: Being the first point of contact for all enquiries, delivering exemplary levels of customer service, answering telephone calls and emails. Our customers are typically high net worth individuals, within the estate you also work with their management team and your colleagues within the leisure team, lots of relationships to balance and the need to ensure you’re always at your best and exceeding expectations!
This unique hybrid position of Duty Manager / Personal Trainer offers two stable career pathways, one is leisure management and the other is to have a really successful PT client base - both equally as available from this position! We are currently able to offer a range of contracted hours for this position such as; 16hrs, 24hrs, 32hrs or 40hrs. You must be able to work a range of shift patterns including early starts, late finishes, over both weekdays and weekends.
Qualifications and Experience
- A fitness qualification (minimum level 2)
- Two years fitness industry experience and ideally in a 5-star or luxury environment
- Swimming pool or pool plant operations experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel to a good standard
- RLSS Emergency Responder qualified or willing to undertake
Most importantly, you will need all the traits that make you destined for greatness! We want future managers so you will need to be a good communicator, a good organiser, someone with resilience, someone willing to learn. If this sounds of interest, please apply today!