Club Manager – East London
We focus on career development and promotion. Our people are at the core of everything we do. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, you are in the right place!
- Career progression and learning opportunities
- A stunning work environment
- Holiday, pension and your birthday off!
- Contracted hours with the opportunity to increase your earnings by personal training
- A great social calendar, we love to get together as a team and have fun boosting our friendly and supportive environment
Educated Body is a health and fitness company that operates in a niche sector, luxury residential and corporate developments. We work on some of the highest profile property projects in the UK, our job is to run luxury health clubs and spas. This means delivering the highest levels of customer service inside these beautiful leisure facilities that host; A Gym with unrivalled top of the range equipment, a stunning Swimming Pool with a Sauna/ Spa, Group Exercise programme, Personal Training, areas for relaxation and wider wellbeing services. We do not just manage sites; we consult on their development and design, and we supply specialist equipment too. We are a flexible, agile, and fast-growing company where our good people will get promoted. We are opening lots of new sites and we need managers. We will train you and support you to grow with us. You will get the chance to learn on the job and work with our senior management team.
We are looking for an experienced Club Manager to operate one of our established sites in East London. The club features state of the art gym, swimming pool and health suite. As the Club Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of the highest levels of customer service to all members
The role of the Club Manager is to lead the wider leisure team in delivering a 5* experience for the residents, guests and external contractors at the development. This is a varied task involving a blend of operational, fitness and customer service duties in which previous health club management and operational experience will be essential. A strong background in sales and relationship building along with being a ‘doer’ will also be fundamental to success, you must be prepared and happy to work alone and get things done.
- You will take responsibility for all operational aspects of the Club including quality, development, customer service including organizing external practitioners, treatments and personal training, maintenance & Health, and Safety
- You will also be responsible for the service level performance of the club ensuring that finance and control procedures are implemented
- Being the first point of contact for all enquiries, delivering exemplary levels of customer service, answering telephone calls and emails. Our customers are typically high net worth individuals, within the estate you also work with their management team and your colleagues within the leisure team, lots of relationships to balance and the need to ensure you’re always at your best and exceeding expectations!
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients and suppliers
- Sourcing new business opportunities by targeting new markets or new demographics
- Improving the quality of customer service and customer satisfaction
- Preparing and reviewing standard procedural documents for daily operations and ensuring all Health and Safety procedures are being met
- Reviewing periodic reports and adjusting operations to better meet company goals
- Achieving growth and hitting sales targets
- Taking customers through fitness assessments, prescribe exercise programmes, instruct group exercise classes and pick up interest for personal training to instruct when off shift
This position is on a Full time position, and you will have the opportunity to drive personal training earning additional income and must be able to work a range of shift patterns.
Qualifications and Experience
- A fitness qualification (minimum level 2)
- Two years fitness industry experience and ideally in a 5-star or luxury environment
- Swimming pool or pool plant operations experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel to a good standard
- RLSS Emergency Responder qualified or willing to undertake
Most importantly, you will need all the traits that make you destined for greatness! We want managers that lead and inspire their team, go above and beyond delivering 5* service and standards whilst holding strong relationships with all key stakeholders.
If this sounds of interest, please apply today!